Sunday, August 07, 2005

For an August diversion...

At long last, my World Series of Poker stories started in today's Beacon Journal. Today's is a general overview of the event, tomorrow there's a piece about some of the players.

I did the research while I was in Las Vegas for the Cavaliers summer league and wrote the stories several weeks ago. People kept asking how I did at the tables there, but between being at the WSOP, the summer league at UNLV, and covering the Larry Hughes and Zydrunas Ilgauskas deals that got done, I barely had time to eat.

Usually I detest long stories. I often say if a story is longer than 30 inches (about 1,300 words) it better make you laugh or make you cry. In this case, and tomorrow, too, I violated my rule because I found it just so damn interesting.

Hope you do too, if poker is your cup of tea.

Take care,
Brian
bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com