Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Giving thanks for my little corner of the Blogosphere

So this afternoon, I was milling about a book store in the hamlet of Dillon, Colo., and I found a title called Blogosphere: The Challenge to the Monopoly of the Mainstream Media.

It is an entire volume of how blogs are killing off big media. So, because I am technically part of the mainstream media, I questioned whether this little exercise is akin to eating my young. Let's hope not.

It did, however, lead me to think about my beloved little blog here. It was an idea I hatched last fall and turned into fruition with the help of several colleagues at the Beacon Journal, especially Ohio.com's Jim Arnold, whom I'd like to give thanks.

As we basically wrap the first season of the blog -- don't worry, I'll be writing all summer -- I'd like to thank all of you, my readers.

This has been a highly engaging endeavor, one that is still very much evolving and most of it has been due to great response from many of you. I'm still learning how to make this rewarding. Like you, I wish I could've written more and I intend to sort of streamline the process before next season so we can be more in touch. I'd like to add more links and, of course, more posts.

This is a dynamic time to follow the Cavaliers and even though I'm in the hard-hearted media, I am thankful to have the chance to report the goings on to all of you. This summer promises to be packed full of team-changing events and actions and I will do my best to keep you on the inside the whole way, while occasionally tossing you a slice of my weird little life.

So again, thanks for joining me in the Blogosphere, I look forward to its future.

For updates on Phil Jackson, read this story from today and this from last week. Yes, even away on my mind-clearing odyssey, I'm still filing.

Take care,
Brian
bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com