Tuesday, April 19, 2005

So what do you want me to say?

Five days ago I thought the Cavs were in. Today I think no way. Tomorrow it could be different again.

I've been putting a lot of thought into what has happened this season, which is certainly one of the wackiest in Cleveland sports history. I have some thoughts, which I will share with you in full at the end of the season.

Here's what I know, I've decided I'm not going to assign blame to any individual or individual act. There are a number of things that got them to this point.

It would be therapeutic for the team to make the playoffs and a nice important step. But in a week and a half things all the issues with this team will still be there either way.

I give the team credit for playing hard in Washington and Detroit, but I have very little sympathy for them after wetting themselves against the Knicks. That loss is a little glaring now, eh?

So we'll save the reaction for this week and this season until it's over. Until then, here's some light reading:

Check out my season-long diary that was published in today's Beacon Journal, along with my Sunday column, which has a bunch of information about what the team would do this summer.

I'll be back soon,
Brian
bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com