Thursday, February 17, 2005

All-Star Weekend here I come

Minneapolis--It's 15 degrees here in Minnie, I'm groggy from a 5 a.m. wake up to catch a plane after the Cavs home win over Atlanta last night, and there's another 7 a.m. flight scheduled for tomorrow. Yet, here I am updating the Blog. What a trooper...with no life!

Anyway, if you're looking for bonus coverage of All-Star Weekend in Denver, where I'm headed tomorrow, this is the spot. First, of course, check out tomorrow's Akron Beacon Journal special section on LeBron's first All-Star Game and all my print coverage.

But for all the behind the scenes action -- well, not all of it, I haven't yet secured an invite to Nelly's or Carmelo's parties -- but for the flavor only a brilliant and witty mind like mine can provide, check here throughout All-Star Weekend.

I've sworn a blood oath to update the blog daily through the weekend -- barring any unforeseen better offers, you know that stuff about the Rocky Mountain High -- and you can marvel at just how uninteresting the All-Star Game is...until I spice it up!

Take care,
Brian, aka bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com.

p.s. Anyone notice DD (DeSagana Diop) got 15 minutes of action last night? Could've it have been his comments to me last week or something else.

p.p.s. A new feature I'd like to start here is a little music section. I usually listen to tunes when I blog and my wacky taste -- from rap to classical -- is ledgendary. Currently, I'm rolling to "Get down on it" from Kool & the Gang. Got some better tracks? My Napster service will hook me up, so let's hear it at the above e-mail address.