Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Blog turns

Hello again all, I'm back in wonderful Cleveland and I've got a proposition for you.

A number of you, my wacky band of readers, have asked why they can't post comments on this site. Well, it is part of a family newspaper and obviously we (meaning the folks of the Akron Beacon Journal) have to control the content.

But obviously my editors don't read this, otherwise they'd never let me get away with it. Nevertheless, I have to keep it semi-professional, even if I'm not.

With that said, here's the deal: If you have something you want to get off your chest about the Cavaliers, let's hear it. Or even if you want to blast me, fire away. It's interactive, baby!

Now, keep it short because I'd like to post a bunch of these. I mean short, like a parapraph or two. And and keep it clean. The more witty the better and, of course, I have the right to edit everything. Include your name, first, last, whatever, and your hometown.

Send them to me at bwindhor@thebeaconjournal.com. If you all can be as funny and cool as me (ha, ha), we'll make this a regular feature.

So back to the Cavs.

Today was pretty gloomy at Gund Arena. As you can read about, Andy Varejao is out 4-6 weeks with a sprained ankle and it's bad. He couldn't put weight on it last night after the weird loss to the Wizards. Jeff McInnis and Dajuan Wagner aren't right either.

I daresay things may get worse before they get better. McInnis was struggling before he got hurt. Zydrunas Ilgauskas has given a couple of good performances lately, but is defense has been spotty at best and he's constantly been in foul trouble. As you can read in my Sunday column, which, I must say, is pretty packed with new info, Drew Gooden is in one of his classic funks.

Of course LeBron James is playing out of his mind, which has some believing the dream that he could one day average a triple double. He can certainly carry this team, and it looks like he's going to have to for awhile with the bench shorter and the key supporting pieces looking for consistency.

Still, the Cavs are in first place and it good position for the stretch run with three winnable games this week. So all it not lost, yet.

Take care,
Brian